Pharmaceutical Development

Porton Biopharma employs its first apprentice

In advance of next week’s National Apprenticeship Week Porton Biopharma Ltd (PBL) is excited to announce that we have recruited our first apprentice, Will Tucker.  Joining the company as a full-time employee from the end of February he’ll be enrolled on a five year programme leading to a BSC in applied biology.

80% of Will’s time will be spent working amongst PBL’s Development group learning a range of range of skills from basic laboratory techniques to growing micro-organisms and purifying the active ingredients, with the remaining 20% on studies.

As PBL develops as a local employer we want to roll-out our programme and intend to recruit other apprenticeships in the future across science and engineering.  We aim to provide a challenging and stimulating pathway for talent development with apprentices working in some of our state-of-the-art facilities producing life-saving biopharmaceutical products and analysing them using some of the latest methods and advanced scientific equipment.

Commenting on the appointment Dr Roger Hinton, MD of PBL said “We offer a warm welcome to Will and trust he’ll be a trailblazer for future talent that we are keen to promote.”